HID HID iCLASS R40 Card Reader
The HID iCLASS R40 card reader works with iCLASS cards to encrypt and secure your card data using 64-bit authentication keys and mutual authentication between cards and reader.Designed for Indoor and Outdoor Use
The HID iCLASS R40 card reader is designed for either indoor or outdoor use, giving your organization flexibility in where you install it.
The reader house is a rugged, weatherized material designed to withstand a wide range of temperatures (-31 to 150 F) and even provides a high degree of vandalism resistance.Compatible Cards
The HID iCLASS R40 reader is compatible with a wide range of cards:
Card Read Range
- 15693 – 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) & 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS cards
- 14443B – 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) & 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS cards
- 14443A – MIFARE, DESFire
- US Government PIV
- FeliCa IDm (transit readers only)
- CEPAS CAN/CSN (transit readers only)
Although the exact card read range will vary depending on your installation conditions, typical read ranges with the iCLASS R40 reader include:
- iCLASS card – up to 4.75"
- iCLASS key fob & tag – up to 2"
- MIFARE & DESFire card – up to 2.5"
Card Reader Warranty
The HID iCLASS R40 reader comes with a lifetime manufacturer warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.