Small organizations like non-profits, after-school clubs, or boutique gyms need to print membership cards or employee IDs at an affordable rate. These entry-level ID card printers are designed just for you!
We last shared a round-up of entry-level ID card printers in 2017; since then several new printers have entered the market, and we have updated our list!
Features of Low-volume Card Printers
Entry-level ID card printers are designed for organizations that print one-off cards only or very small batches of cards – because the volume is low, you won’t need the features (and costs) associated with larger volume printers.
The features you’ll find most often in an entry-level printer include:
- Hand feed slot only for one-off card printing
- OR very small card hoppers for batch printing 100 cards or less
- Single-sided printing only (can print dual-sided, but need to manually flip the cards)
As organizations get larger, they often move on to more complicated cards with dual-sided designs, encoding, or lamination.
Shop Entry-level ID Card Printers
We have a wide variety of entry-level card printers from leading printer manufacturers:
- AlphaCard PRO 100 ID card printer (hand feed only)
- Datacard SD160 ID card printer (100 card input hopper)
- Fargo C50 ID card printer (50 card input hopper)
- IDP Smart-31 ID card printer (80 card input hopper)
- Magicard Pronto ID card printer (hand feed only)
- Zebra ZC100 ID card printer (100 card input hopper)