Card programs are often used to increase the security of a building or organization, and there are many steps you can take to secure your cardholder information including password protecting your database and software, locking the printer and card hoppers, limiting access to the printer, and more. But if you are just throwing away old ribbons, there may be a flaw in your plan.
Take a look at an old printer ribbon – do you see how the ribbon contains a reverse image or “negative” print of your cards? This means anyone who sees your old ribbons can see what you printed. Upgrade the security of your ID card program with the new IDP SMART-BIT Ribbon Shredder!
Why Shred Your Ribbons
Using the unique Twisted Micro-Cut Technology (patent pending), the SMART-BIT Ribbon Shredder cuts your ribbons into tiny particles, approximately 2.5mm small, so the ribbons cannot be read or reassembled later. And it can go through 12 meters of ribbon per minute!
This makes the shredder faster, easier, and more secure than simply cutting the ribbon with scissors yourself, saving you time and improving your security.
- Protects your cardholder’s information & identity
- Protects your companty assets
- Eliminates the risk of counterfeit cards
- Increases data security compliance (important for healthcare, banking, government, GDPR in the EU, and more)
IDP SMART-BIT Ribbon Shredder Features
- Twisted micro-cut technology quickly & efficiently shreds ribbons
- Works with ribbons from all manufacturers, not just IDP, fitting ribbons between 60mm and 90mm wide
- Two shredding modes, Normal or Fast
- Standard bin holds up to 6 rolls of ribbon (250 prints)
- One year manufacturer warranty
- Upgrade option: larger capacity bin for high-volume shredding
Learn more about the IDP SMART-BIT Ribbon Shredder.