End of Life (EOL) FAQ
All AlphaCard ID Software versions and editions purchased prior to 2013 have reached their end of life. If the software is currently functioning on a current supported Operating System, the software will continue to function as normal, but it cannot be updated, re-installed, re-activated, or transferred to new computers.
Software End of Life FAQs
Which versions have reached their planned end of life?
- AlphaCard Plus (E6-E8)
- Operator/Print Editions(E6-E8)
- AlphaCard ID Card Software - Standard, Pro & Enterprise 3.4
- AlphaTrack Standard, Pro & Enterprise 3.4
- AlphaCard ID Card Software – Light, Standard, Pro & Enterprise 4.3
- AlphaTrack Standard, Pro & Enterprise 4.3
- AlphaCard ID Card Software - Light, Standard, Pro & Enterprise 5.x
- AlphaTrack Standard, Pro & Enterprise 5.x
Will the software still work?
- The currently working versions of the software installed on current supported Operating Systems will continue to function as normal, but they cannot be updated, re-installed, re-activated, or transferred to new computers.
What are my options?
- As a loyal AlphaCard customer you are eligible to receive aggressively discounted prices to bring your software up to the latest functionality. All current AlphaCard Software Editions are fully supported by our industry leading support team. You can also pay for Remote Service hourly to help with your existing version of software should email not be sufficient.
Why should I upgrade?
- All current AlphaCard ID Software are fully supported by AlphaCard Technical Support
- The most advanced ID design, print & management features
- Improved user experience with faster & easier to use tools
- Advanced database & scripting options
- FREE in-version updates
- Security options & password protection
- 1D & 2D barcode including QR codes
- Canon flash camera integration
- Windows 7, 8 & 10 compatibility
- Optional Secure USB Key to switch a single license between multiple PCs
Do I still get support for my existing software?
- The AlphaCard Technical Support team will continue to support currently working installations of the software that were originally installed on a current supported Microsoft Operating Systems and help you troubleshoot issues by email. However, the software can no longer be re-installed onto a newer Operating System, re-activated, or transferred to new computers.
What operating systems are no longer supported?
- AlphaCard only supports operating systems of Windows 7 and newer. These Windows operating systems are no longer supported:
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
How do I know which version I should upgrade to?
- For help comparing editions and choosing the right software, use our online AlphaCard ID Suite comparison guide. For a hands-on comparison, take advantage of our Free 6 Week Trial. Our friendly, no pressure expert sales team would love to provide personalized recommendations for your organization. Call (800) 717-8080 option 1 or contact us.