HID pivCLASS RPK40-H Card Reader
The HID pivCLASS RPK40-H card readers, designed for the highest security required by government Personal Identity Verification (PIV) solutions, works for "UnControlled" areas, "Controlled" areas, "Limited" areas, and "Exclusion" security areas per NIST SP 800-116.Designed for Indoor and Outdoor Use
The HID pivCLASS RPK40-H card reader is designed for either indoor or outdoor use, giving your organization flexibility in where you install it.
The reader house is a rugged, weatherized material designed to withstand a wide range of temperatures (-30 to 150 F) and even provides a high degree of vandalism resistance.Compatible Cards
The HID pivCLASS RPK40-H reader is compatible with a wide range of cards prox and smart cards:
Card Read Range
- HID prox, AWID, EM4102 prox
- AlphaPass prox cards
- 15693 – 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) & 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS cards
- 14443B – 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) & 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS cards
- 14443A – MIFARE, DESFire
- US Government PIV
- FeliCa IDm (transit readers only)
- CEPAS CAN/CSN (transit readers only)
Although the exact card read range will vary depending on your installation conditions, typical read ranges with the pivCLASS RPK40-H reader include:
- Contactless PIV, PIV-1, CIV, CAC, TWIC & FRAQ cards – 1.2"
- iCLASS Seos cards – 1.6"
- iCLASS cards – 4.7"
- MIFARE & DESFire EV1 cards – 1.6"
- MIFARE Classic cards – 4.3"
- HID prox cards – 2.8"
- EM4102 prox cards – 3.1"
- AlphaPass prox cards – 2.8"
Card Reader Warranty
The HID pivCLASS RPK40-H reader comes with a lifetime manufacturer warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.